Doorgaan naar hoofdcontent

A Court of Thornes and Roses review spoiler VRIJ

A court of thornes and roses, of in het Nederlands Een hof van doorns en rozen is een Belle en het Beest hervertelling. Ik  vind zulke verhalen eigenlijk heel leuk want ook al zijn de verhalen anders weergegeven je herkent toch best wel veel van het originele sprookje. Ik heb laatst ook Cruel Beauty gelezen en ik vond dat echt een goed boek. Dat was een verhaal met een wat donker tintje, erg leuk als je daar van houdt!

Feyre woont samen met haar twee oudere zussen en haar vader in een klein huisje aan de rand van het bos. Dit bos ligt op de grens van de menselijke wereld en de feeën wereld. Mensen zijn daarom bang voor dit gebied en daarom is Feyre de enige die in dat bos jaagt. Ze heeft het niet gemakkelijk thuis, ze is de enige die haar best doet om het gezin te voorzien van vlees en geld. Op een dag gaat Feyre jagen en tijdens de jacht schiet zij een wolf neer, maar het is niet zomaar een wolf, het is een Hoge Fee. De wet met dit soort gebeurtenissen luidt een leven voor een leven. Feyre kan kiezen: of ter plekke dood gaan of de rest van haar leven leiden aan het hof van de Hoge Fea die haar ophaalt. Ze woont niet alleen met deze brute Hoge Fea maar met nog meer andere feeën, ze wordt behandeld als een gast, iets wat zij niet verwacht had. Toch probeert Feyre een manier te zoeken om weg te komen en terug naar haar familie te komen. En er is iets wat de twee Hoge Fea’s haar niet verteld, kan zij hun helpen?

Ik vond het een goed boek, het is beter dan ik verwacht had. Het is eigenlijk de hype best wel waar. Er zijn natuurlijk altijd scenes die je anders had willen zien of dat je een ander einde had willen lezen. Maar ik vind dat Sarah J. Maas een heel goed boek heeft geschreven.

Dit is het eerste boek dat ik van Maas heb gelezen maar ik vind haar schrijfstijl echt fijn. Ze heeft de plaatsen, scenes en kleren goed beschreven. 
Ik geef dit boek 4/5 sterren.

De boeken zijn bij Bol,com verkrijgbaar, zowel in het Nederlands als Engelstalig.
Het tweede deel A Court of Mist and Fury is ook al verkrijgbaar

Reacties

Populaire posts van deze blog

Forest of Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao

Fairyloot October book was a Villainous read about an Asian Evil Queen. I did not expected much of it because I do not like Snowwhite's story and I'm new to the Asian setting. I do think that Asian culture is very interesting to learn from and about. Xifeng (shefung) is a poor girl who lives with her aunt in a little village in Feng Lu, all she has is the education her aunt taught her and her beauty. Her destiny is shown in the cards...to become the next Empress. So she set out towards the palace.... This is such a nice retelling from the POV of a villain! That is something I haven't read before. And I really liked it. Xifeng develops towards the Evil Queen and it is really nice to see that happen. Dao has a really nice writingstyle, I couldn't put the book down. Even if you don't read as much as I do or if you are not as good in English you can still easily read this book. ☆☆☆☆,5 If you doubt to read this book, do it! The series/duology is called &quo

The Queen of the Tearling Series by Erika Johansen

When Kelsea Glynn is 19 years old, a group of men appear at her doorstep and take her to the Keep. There is her castle, because Kelsea isn't just some 19 year old girl. She is the Queen of the Tearling. With every book in this series I needed some time to get into the story, because the chapters are very large and it sometimes switches between POV's. Which is totally fine, but it sometimes distracted me too much. I really like this world building, I had some difficult with understanding when the story takes place (future) but after a while I got it and that made the books better. Although I did not like every aspect of Kelsea, Johansen is such a great writer. I liked how Johansen wrote the mysteries and made it all come together. I often was blown away by the revelation of some aspects of the stories! Kelsea is a strong young woman with a strong mind, but sometimes she does not think her actions through...and that has consequences. I also have a big dislike about her attit

Spindle Fire by Lexa Hillyer

This is not just a retelling about Aurora, but also about another girl, never been told. About her sister Isabelle. These two sisters are very different, but grew up together in the castle. And while Malfleur is getting stronger, the kingdoms are divided. And the girls get separated. This story is different from what I expected, I thought it would be more excitement. But although I was disappointed, it did read like a fairytale. It had a slow pace and that suit the story, the story about Sleeping Beauty. Because the writing wasn’t that fast paced I took my time reading, I even went three days without reading because I didn’t was drawn to it that much. I wish the story would have contained more excitement, more mystery and maybe folklore? I love Folklore and especially in fairytale books! This is definitely a fairytale retelling that reads like a real fairytale, like Hunted by Meagon Spooner. Next year Hillyer will bring out another book “Winter Glass” I think that this will